Saturday, May 2, 2020

Of Old Habits and the New Normal

I came to the conclusion that if you’re here, it’s probably because I posted a cryptic Instagram story of my blog page and you know what it means as one of my trusted friends, oooorrrr you stumbled upon my Instagram page and clicked the link that I added in my bio. Eitherway, I know we’ve both got nothing good to do so here you are, marveling at the output of my faux productivity. Blah blah blah, welcome to the cyber loft!

To be honest, the welcome was unnecessary.

Supposedly, today is the end of the lockdown but due to circumstances that would probably kill us [alongside our government's incompetence], it was extended for another 15 days thus, further tormenting my overthinking mind. Though I am in favor of it, I can't help but still be anxious because medical solutions are continuously being overlooked by the clowns in power. #SolusyongMedikalHindiMilitar. Also, the double standards being exhibited in handling quarantine violations angers me. So far, someone has been shot to death and another has been mauled while our government officials who did worse than them gets compassion. Ignorance of the law excuses no one, we know that, but if these nonchalant pigs who are supposed to be exemplary are being excused, then my faith in this government remains intangible.

Work from home has been less serious on my end, if I may say. We aren't needed as much as everyone else (YET! *knocks on wood*) as of this time-being and for some reason, it's driving me crazy. For context, y'all know that I always have the urge to compete-- I feel like I should always do things better than anyone else and/or emerge on top, however, I don't feel like being productive in the middle of the pandemic since my mind is already preoccupied with shitload of things. Awhile back, my manager commended me, saying it's good that I've been setting standards for myself. I don't know if I should believe her still because recently, these standards have been giving me anxiety attacks for fear that I might be underperforming and my work-related growth will be hindered. Again, this is on me and my constant need for recognition-induced validation. Yeah, fuck me alright, maybe I should take a chill pill.

With all these in my mind, maybe you're wondering, how do I cope?

For starters, I binge-watch everything that I can.

From vlogs to series, I skip from one title to another because having something to divert my feelings to eases me. Everytime I need a good laugh, I'd just pop Filthy Frank's or Team Payaman's channels on YouTube for quality comedic content that will surely leave your guts hurting. I'd also watch lifestyle vlogs and feel bad that I'm poor. Kidding! But I love watching designer hauls and shoe & bag collections. Also, I tune in to Good Times for my weekly dose of laughter, care of my favorite DJs from Magic. All thanks to their intellectual and humorous opinions regarding random, mundane topics, I am entertained just before dozing off. Time and again, I've proven that I'm a huge slacker when it comes to watching series but I've managed to watch all 5 seasons of Peaky Blinders! Its historic references is what probably got me but Tommy Shelby and Polly Gray's brilliant minds got me hooked. I've watched light binges as well such as Never Have I Ever and Too Hot to Handle just to maximize my money's worth on subscription. Ok, now, what do I watch next? Hmm.



I style.

Virtually, that is, since all I could do with my clothes now is to wash and fold them. Years ago, I would spend hours in Polyvore curating outfits that I wish to wear in occasions that I made up in my mind. Such a shame that the site shutdown last year and I had no idea! I wasn't able to backup my sets and now it's gone forever. 😞 Desperate, I looked for an alternative... and found Urstyle! And believe it or not, they were the owners of Polyvore! I couldn't be happier. Peep some of my sets below!




I pig out.

Ok, I think everyone's been pigging out because what is left for us to do? Lucky me, my mom has awesome cooking skills and she cooks everything I'd request! She'd gladly cook for me to the point that finally, I gained weight. Yes, you read that right! Although I've yet to confirm how heavy my gains are, I can tell that I finally fit in my clothes and I can hang my belts now! 😂



I write.

You know I would include this, it has to be here. Anyway, I brought my planner home and I would still write on it weekly as if my plans weren't affected by the pandemic. Aside from that, of course I've been drafting and blogging. No more explanations here because I did a lengthy one in my previous blog! Read if you're interested.

This is not what I would write on a daily basis. This is me pretending to write something while in a conference call.



I catch-up with my loved ones.

One of the few good things that this fiasco has brought us is our sudden need for connection. I heard a lot of you started talking to their exes, eh? Welp, I hope you don't get burned by the same flame twice. And as for me, your one-man woman, I've only reconnected with old cliques so far. Yeah, as if I have an ex to reconcile with. Anyway, a meet up has been set and I can't wait for it to happen soon! Errr, but right now, let's stick with our online parties since gatherings are still prohibited. Law-abiding citizens, baby!


Sometime this summer, I officially became a member of my boyf's fam's cousins only group chat HAHA



I shop.

Not gonna lie, retail therapy does soothe your nerves in a way. It's the chamomile tea for shopaholics whose hands are tingling! LMAO. Okay, just to clear things up, I am in no way an impulsive buyer. All those that I added to my cart are either within my budget or Ralph has offered to pay. HAHAHAHAAHA! But yeah, I hate to admit, but I love the feeling. Looking forward to have your order in your hands? The convenience of shopping everything and anything within your home? Having all the time in the world to decide which one to buy without a sales person judging you? Hallelujah! Thank God for online shopping.

Believe me, I needed all of this


I doll up.

I thought I was the only one but I came across this popular tweet where some people have agreed (with the tweet-er) that they feel a taste of normalcy by getting glammed up. I've been a bum since the start of this lockdown which means, I haven't dolled up in a really long time. Feeling myself from time to time sure does lift my spirits up for a bit... in fact, you should check my camera roll, I took a lot of selfies.

My new favorite selfie


As much as I love updating this thing and the unusual influx of creative juice, I'm still bummed that I am not in some villa by the beach up north having a good time with my work bestfriends. Yep, I have a supposed out of town trip to La Union and of course it didn't happen because of the pandemic.

Sigh. I can't wait for the day that this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment