Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Regrets

"Hey!"
"Yeah?"
"Nothing."
"What?"
"I love you, good night!"
"Hah! Go to sleep already!"
"You too!"
"In a bit. Night, bui!"
"Sweet dreams!"



She can't help but back read--
Convos from three months and a week.
With her eyes shedding tears,
And a wish that someone would wipe her cheeks.

"Things changed,"
She told herself
"Since when?"
She'd kill for the answer.

"If I held his hand too,
Or hug him back,
Or let him fall asleep in my shoulders,
Would things be the way they were?"

"If I hadn't told him about how my dream guy should be like,
Or my oh-so-perfect crush,
Or even about how unthinkable our relationship could be,
Would I still be this regretful?"

She filled her head with endless questions--
Questions she's been dying to ask him.
And what does she hope for?
Answers that might save her from this sea of sadness.

2 comments: