Sunday, October 16, 2011

You can't make everybody love you, but you can make them fear you

The thing with impressions, it's disturbing once it gets into your head. It doesn't have to be good or bad, it just makes me conscious usually. And it's bothering me.

Whenever we'd talk about impressions regarding each other, my blockmates would say that I look "liberated" in a sense that I can balance party and work. That sort of rang a bell cause back in high school, I belonged to the people who would rather be nice than naughty. Perhaps the tough exterior I displayed when I entered college made them think that I'm the contrary of what I used to be. Nehhh, but most probably that concludes that who you are in high school is nothing compared to college. *Insert emoticon connoting "understand?"* If given the chance to list down everything about me and let you read it, then you'll know that I never had a boyfriend nor have I been intoxicated by alcohol even once. And I'm telling you that cause whenever I'll tell my blockmates about that, they would react something like "Weeeehhh?", "Hindi nga?" or worse, "Hindi ako naniniwala!" with feelings. Yes dear/s, I can be a candidate for presidency... for the celibacy club.

Because of these circumstances, I feel like I'm Easy A's Olive Penderghast. For the benefit of the people who still doesn't know her, she's the main protagonist of the film who had a reputation for being the school's slut when in fact she's still a virgin. I don't have a reputation for being a slut, though. Maybe a bitch... or a mean girl, but that's it. I am mean, I backstab, and I do some fake friendly things but it's because some people are just worth the treatment I give. Ha! True enough. So I'm leaving you the best tip I've learnt in college so far; "You must know how to make alliances, or else you'll be left out being bullied. Or worse, be stoned to death with harsh words hard as rocks."

No comments:

Post a Comment